Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'm going to Germany!

So, after months and months of planning and saving and preparing... I am officially going to Germany, just as long as my ticket to get there is valid. I'll find out Sunday in at the airport.

I don't know no German, "Nine spreken ze Dutch" --(what I've been told that means, I don't know how to spell in German either).

I'm not going to Germany for Octoberfest or to practice my German, I'm going there to visit my cousin.
I'm going to visit my cousin and her husband who live there! I can't wait!
Even if I only go to one country in Europe I'll be happy.

Originally I reported I would be going to Spain on this trip to do some scuba diving... well, it turns out, due to scheduling problems, that it will no longer be possible to take a scuba trip. Maybe next year in Mexico. :(

Either way, I'm going overseas, scared to death but still excited.

See you all if I return, I may like it better there than the U.S.


7 comments:

Stevi said...

So exciting! Keep us up to date on your trip. I will need to see pictures and everything! Auf Wiedersehen

Katie Lane said...

How fun!! have a blast. Tell Suzy hi for me. We actually had a class together at BYU, human development. We sat by each other and started talking and realizing that she was related to the Bangeters. It was funny.

Manette said...

I know you're already gone but I'm still so happy for you! I loved your random texts at the airport! I want you to tell me all about it when you get back.

Jennifer Edwards said...

I tagged you on my blog today...go to it and find out all the Quirky details :)

Dancinbackwards said...

I think it goes, "Nein. Ich spreche Deutsch nicht." =)

brooke said...

I'm so jealous you're in Germany! I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures :)

Simon and Danielle said...

Hey Ranae-
How's it going? Being back from Germany stinks huh? We had such a fun time over there with you and suz, and caleb too! :) We can't wait to see all the pictures from yours and suzy's cameras! I was wanting your address so I can have my parents send it to you once it makes it to Idaho! Are you back to work yet? Simon went back yesterday... now I'm a loser again... just hanging out by myself! :) Anywho... I hope you had an awesome remainder of your trip! Let me know where I can mail this dvd for ya! :) Thanks!

Danielle and Simon

Layne & Betsy's Ranch

TRIP TO FLORIDA

Quints 2008